Our program admits families of any race, creed, color, sexual orientation and national or ethnic origin. While we primarily accept students on a first-come, first-serve basis, we also consider other factors such as age, gender, and schedule. The procedure is as follows:
- Our enrollment process begins with a submission of a family application.
- Families may return their application in person or by mailing it to the school’s address 1212 McPherson Ave. Atlanta, Ga 30106 along with a $50 application fee.
- When the family has returned the application, a school visit is scheduled.
- Once it is determined that The Highlander School will be an ideal community for the child and family, the family will be sent an enrollment package. If there is no space available, the family will be placed on the waiting list. Guardians are also required to participate in an orientation of the school prior to enrollment.
- Prior to a child’s first day a home visit is scheduled. We schedule a home visit to meet the child in the environment they feel most comfortable–their home. We have a chance to meet members of the family that we may not see at school and it makes bonding with the child easier than meeting a stranger in a strange place.
Oops! We could not locate your form.