Our program admits families of any race, creed, color, sexual orientation and national or ethnic origin. While we primarily accept students on a first-come, first-serve basis, we also consider other factors such as age, gender, and schedule. The procedure is as follows:
- Our enrollment process begins with each family being sent an application package. This contains a letter from our director, a brochure about the school, and an application.
- Families may return their application by scanning and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org . A physical mailing address will not be available for mailing application during the renovations of the school.
- When the family has returned the application, a home visit is scheduled. We schedule a home visit to meet the child for the first time in the environment they feel most comfortable–their home. We have a chance to meet members of the family that we may not see at school and it makes bonding with the child easier than meeting a stranger in a strange place.
- After the home visit, we schedule a visit to the school. We let the child observe and encourage him or her to participate. This gives the parents an opportunity to see what a typical day would be like for their child at the school and allows the child to become comfortable and familiar with the school before being dropped off for an entire day.
- Once it determined that The Highlander School will be an ideal community for the child and family, the family will be sent an enrollment package. If there is no space available, the family will be placed on the waiting list. Guardians are also required to participate in an orientation of the school prior to enrollment.
Oops! We could not locate your form.